Monday, June 4, 2012

I Love My Magazine

When I get my new Runner's World magazine in the mail, the very first department to which I turn is "The Newbie Chronicles." I just love how real it is. Check this out from this month's article, "Why Run?":

"I hated running for over a year. I know, hate is a strong word. You know what a stronger word is? Superhate. In my first year an a half, I superhated running every time I went out. Those days are mostly behind me now, but there are still times when I super-don't-want-to-get-out-there-and-do-it-at-all." (Marc Parent/July 2012).

Awesome. I can so relate to every word of that!

You, too? Good news: You're not alone! In fact, I think you're in really good company, and not just mine!!

So, how do you keep going? The article was a great think-piece on self motivation. For me, that motivation didn't come, though, until I made a commitment to myself; I needed to understand what I was motivating!

I want to be a life long runner. Everything I do needs to support that. Including reading "The Newbie Chronicles." Those articles remind me that it's okay to find humor in the endeavor! I know that I'm --
-- How 'bout you? See you tomorrow after today's Bonus Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment