Friday, June 1, 2012

Conquering the Challenge

Happy Friday!!!! AND, happy June!! It's a beautiful day around here to ring in the new month! It being Friday, that means no running today. But, you know we're still plugging away at the 26.2 challenge, so I blew through my Total Gym circuits so we could hit the road!

The Crewers decided on a 4-mile walk today provided we could go to the shady trail and that I didn't miss the turn-around mile marker today like I did last time (Hey, last time resulting in a big tally of miles, so ...). I promised to find the right marker, so everyone was eager to go! Even Elly joined in on the fun today!
It was a great walk, and we saw all kinds of little things including this guy:
and this intriguing tree!
The Crewers also found a bunch of butterfly wings. I don't really know what that's about, but they were there. And, unlike last time's 26 baby toads we found along the way, this time, we saw a cat (that sent Elly's sniffer into a frenzy when we crossed its path!) and a dead mouse. The two were seemingly unrelated!

Anyway, we're now within 2 miles of the Crewers earning the Jimmy John's sandwich. You can count on that being in tomorrow's report! In fact, tomorrow is going to be a big cash-in day for the incremental prizes because they've earned so many so quickly we haven't gone to the various sponsors to get them. Fun!
Elly's wants to know if she gets to partake in the prizes.
This was a great way to spend Rest Day, but I'm going to admit MY FEET HURT! My muscles are all good, but my feet are letting me know they they've logged more miles this week than they counted on! Oh well, it's been fun! I thoroughly enjoyed coming home and enjoying my breakfast, though!
Oatmeal with chia seeds and mmm ... mmm ... blueberries
mixed in!! Oh, yeahhhh !! And a side of scrambled egg whites.
While watching The Price Is Right with the Crewers.
Can't beat that!
I'm still debating about how long tomorrow's run is going to be, so I'll see you after and let you know the outcome! I took all of the Total Gym circuits down a notch anticipating a longer run, so that's the current plan. The weather is supposed to stay cool for the morning, so it'll be fun no matter where I go! I've already decided so!

No comments:

Post a Comment