Saturday, June 23, 2012

Not the Normal Morning

This morning did not start off the way either Aaron or I would have guessed. I had the alarm set to pull myself out of bed at 6:30 a.m. with all kinds of thoughts to get out and run by 7 a.m. and put in a few miles (maybe 4, maybe 5, maybe 6 ... depending on how I felt). It seems, I wasn't feeling it at all. I've had a life-loaded few weeks, and while I've been able to keep up with my running, this morning said, "Yeah. Not today."

I went and turned off the alarm deciding I would, indeed, run, but I would do so on my time today. Too bad for Aaron that I couldn't go back to sleep because I looked at him (all snug as a bug) and got a GREAT idea: He should go with me!

It's been quite some time since we ventured out together, and I decided his company would be just the thing to inspire me! After a bit of banter about "when" and "just how far", he decided this was the way he would start his day, too. Yay!!
A before-smelly shot was required of course!
What I like about going out and about with Aaron is how much
talking we get to do. He kept making me laugh this morning,
though, which is totally counter-productive to jogging. He told
me it was his tactic for slowing me down while we wound our
ways up the inclines. It kept working because when you double
over, you must stop for a sec.

The next thing we knew we were provided a sweet, sweet down
stretch. This was right before we hit Mile 2, the first 3/10 of
which is down hill. That's me celebrating the situation! I'm not
sure what Aaron was doing. (Possibly regretting joining me?!)

Still cruising down!! Aaron decided to
try and draft off of me to make it that
much easier! Aaron: Always Thinking.
At the bottom of that hill, we come to a
pretty busy stretch ... one where I often
find treasure. I pulled Aaron over to my
left so I could spy the street on my right.
See how that paid off?!
A few feet later, I found another. That's
Aaron's, "How on earth are these pennies
here?" look. I, on the other hand, ask no
such questions.
Want to see what I see when I'm behind him? I KNOW! It's not
much, is it? His shoulders do take up some space.
Aaron found his own treasure ... a BB!!
Wheeeee! He was mighty proud. For real.
All finished!! Time for that long-awaited Diet Coke! Mmm ...
As soon as I came up with this most-excellent running plan for the morning, I immediately devised supplementary exercise for later in the afternoon. At the pool. Where it's supposed to be relaxing! I'll fill you in on how Aaron took that surprise tomorrow when we talk about working on but really it's a Total Rest Day!! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment