Monday, June 11, 2012

The Little Things

I was looking forward to my run this morning because I really like the particular route I'd chosen. Well, fitting with a "Monday" theme, that idea was squelched when I woke up to thunder and a whole lotta rain!
Look at that rain dance on my resting spot!
Given the thunder, Elly followed me around while I got ready to run, but it was not with the hopes of accompanying me!
"If I don't look at you, maybe you don't see me and won't get
any 'let's go outside' ideas. But, I must be near you. So, I'll be
right here. But, don't look."
I gave the pup some love and headed down to the mean machine. To my Monday delight, everything was totally set up for me: treadmill perfectly positioned in front of the tv with a fan plugged in and ready to keep me cool; Total Gym set up to use after treadmill; tv headphones located and plugged in ... all thanks to my Pit Crew Leader!

I so appreciate having that kind of support around me to keep me going on the days it would be so much easier to say, "Eh, it probably won't be raining tomorrow ..." While I've not done that in a very, very long time, I totally feed off of the many gestures of support I get ... from the indoor equipment being set up for me to the nail polish advice I received yesterday!

I love the big, official runs. I love getting a bib number and a medal, and I love the race swag ... but none of that would happen (or at least be as fun) without all of the little things that happen along the way!

Take notice of the little things that comprise your day ... and, enjoy them! Here's to a really solid run this morning, and I'll see you on tomorrow's Total Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment