Thursday, June 14, 2012

Early Morning Goodness

Let's start today with a tip of the hat to our flag as it is June 14 ... Flag Day! Ours was officially adopted by Congress on this day in 1777. Given all it represents and all we enjoy under it, I can't help but take a moment to recognize it!
Happy adoption day, Old Glory!
Another enjoyable aspect of the day for me ... the morning run! Today was an up-extra-early day, but that also meant taking advantage of the coolest part of the day (unlike yesterday's late start ... whoopsie ...). Cool weather, of course, also means Elly gets to go! She was such a good pal this morning ... very reasonable stopping-to-moving ratio, and she set the neighborhood dogs on fire as they went nutty barking at her from behind fences and from inside their houses as she trotted on by!

She was pretty oblivious to the attention this morning. I'm not so sure she was entirely awake when we started (oh, can I relate to that!), and she was more than ready to just be done when we finished!
One of these two things is bright and sunshiny ... you make
the call.
The run was uneventful, but it was certainly worthy of post-run lovin'!
"Mooo-ooooom, I just want to take a
naaaaaaaaaaaap ..."
I think she wanted to make a break for it, but my scratching
the back of her neck was a bit mesmerizing.
Elly camped out next to me as I ate my breakfast, and mmm ... mmm ... was it a good one! I've never put strawberries in my oatmeal, but I'm gonna start! AND, I finally picked up some more chia seeds after running out last week, so they were back in the mix! I missed those little suckers!
So good for me and so super-tasty!! I love what putting fruit
into warm oatmeal does ... that makes for some juicy fruit!! An
excellent way to start the morning!
Okay, tomorrow's a day off of running, but it is a Total Gym day. Check it out -- I was scrolling through the tv guide last night when I saw an infomercial for the Total Gym. Oh, yes, I recorded it and am totally going to watch it! Perhaps I'll get a tip or two! Or, I'll get a kick out of how easy Chuck Norris makes it look as compared to my sessions! I'll let you know!

In the meantime, check out one of my Mary Engelbreit day-by-day calendar pages from this week ... how appropriate is this?! Enjoy your day, and I'll see you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment