Thursday, June 21, 2012

Do the Shuffle

What motivated me the most to get out there to run today was knowing it's Rest Day tomorrow! Strategically scheduled Rest Days have been key to my keeping-it-going-consistently success, and I leaned on that particular key big-time this morning! (Wait, didn't I just say a couple of days ago that I'm thinking about bagging one of the Rest Days and turning it in for another day of running? Wow ... mooood-yyyyyy ...! That trade is on my radar and will come ... there's just no rush!)

I was all ready to go and even decided it was an Elly-join-me day, then, I looked outside and saw raindrops on our deck. That usually sends me to the mean machine, but not today. This morning, I just didn't care. I cared so little about the rain that I even took Elly anyway. I usually leave her with any threat of rain, but today, I decided she didn't get a vote.

I stepped outside, and the rain was barely a drizzle with no indication whatsoever that it would ramp up and thunder or lightening (That's where my official meteorology skills came into play. Good thing I have them.). Off we went, but I must report Elly was like, "Ummm ... I feel drops. And, my feet are touching water. This is where I usually get to bail." Seriously, diva dog could hardly stand the feel of the wet pavement even though it was sooooo nothing. I did take off her bandana and stuffed it in my pocket, though. I don't want to run in wet shoes, so I suspect she wouldn't appreciate a wet bandana.

Elly got over her issues, and she even kept up the pace. I'm pretty certain she maintained a spring in her step in hopes that it would get the activity overwith faster (ah, she starts to put two and two together ... now perhaps she can do such math on nice days?!)! She was right, and we simply cruised the morning run right into a Rest Day tomorrow. Ex-cell-ent.

When we got home, I returned Elly to her high-fashion status:
And gave her a good rub-down:
Off course, if you have a towel and a dog, this simply must happen:
And, when you have a dog this sweet who puts up with whatever I want to do, you do a lot of this:
Given this week was shuffled around, I even did resistance training this afternoon so as to make tomorrow a Total Rest Day. Double Win for a Friday! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment