Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sweat Equity

First thing's first ... It's ONE MONTH 'TIL THE OLYMPICS!!!!

There. I said it. Yelled it! I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!!! Did you know if Michael Phelps wins three medals in the London games that he will be the most decorted Olympian ever?! Holy smokes! I'm rooting for that and cannot wait to watch as much of the Games coverage as I can!! I love 'em all!

I especially love seeing the cameras on the families in the stands. I love seeing that kind of support! Sometimes, those visuals make me cry a little bit. Yup, it's true. It reminds me of my very supportive Pit Crew!
See 'em there in the middle all in shades of blue? Fabulous!
The beginning of a run when everyone's cheering the runners
out of the gate is one of my very favorite running moments!
Back here in amateur world, I report today's run was a major success! If you want to know the truth, I don't remember most of it. I wasn't fully awake, and my brain was simply elsewhere. Some mornings are like that, and that's okay. It was better that my body was ready and willing to take on what my brain wasn't. Pretty cool.

I was rewarded early on with a penny (hooray!) and when I was within a quarter mile from finishing with a pink BB ...
See it? Why so blurry? Because I happened to take the picture
while dropping the BB! This is seconds before it bounced right
into a crack ... down she gooooooes!!! That moment evoked a
big gasp from me ... I love finding treasures and would hate to
lose them! There's a lot of sweat equity in those gems!
Good golly, that had potential to be very difficult to find! But,
I had an idea ... I asked PC#3 to stand directly above where it
fell through so when I got below the deck, I'd know where to
look. There's PC#3's eyeball! He's saying "hi."
With that system, I found it easily. See it? Look hard, it's there.
But, if you'd like a closer look ...
Ta-Da!
I went back up to the deck and tried again. This time, success!
Thanks for helping, PC#3! He's an awesome Crewer!
He also loves how I smell after running! Can't you tell?
He's not dramatic at all!
That's more miles in the books, more treasures found and both land and pool resistance training completed. That's a full day of goodness! It's supposed to be a hot-n-steamy one ... tune in to see just how full of goodness that run is!

No comments:

Post a Comment