Monday, February 6, 2012

Just a Monday

It's Monday. And, it was gray. And, it was cold. And, it was damp. So cranky!! But, on this outing, I discovered something amazing recently took place. See this spot?
I know, I know, it looks like nothing. It is, however, spectacular to me. You see, wayyyy back in the Fall when I was complaining a lot about all of the road kill, there was an opossum here that met its unfortunate demise. I was bummed on its behalf for the first week it was there. Suffice it to say that my sympathy waned in the following months to the point that I've lately been pondering, "Maybe I am the one who should call someone about this nasty thing ..." Well, I don't know how it happened, but it is gone!! WAHOO!!! This is big to me, friends!! It's a royal treat to use this stretch without avoiding that anymore. Yay!!
And, even on this gray, colder-than-I-expected day, I found cool things while Elly took care of her business:
I'm one of the few not singing the praises of
this year's non-Winter, so I soak in the little
bits that show up now and then!
To be honest, besides my opossum issue, it was just a Monday. You know: Mun-dayyyy. So, Elly and I finished our run and called it a day. Well, she called it a day and hung out on the couch for the duration. I had things to do. Anyway, here we are at the end:
Yup, that look on my face pretty well sums
up my feelings at that moment. Just kind of,
"Eh." It was nice to have Elly, there. What a
mood picker-upper she is!
I noticed today that my brain was ready to stop long before my body was. That's actually a good thing because then I can count on my body to auto-pilot for me. As well, my brain was just off on other things I'm thinking about, not ready to stop because I was telling myself I couldn't hack it (like I used to do). I'll take tomorrow's Rest Day, to hopefully chill my brain and just run on Wednesday. It's a higgly-piggly week, though, so I'm not counting on it being quite that smooth! One foot in front of the other either way ... See you on Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment