Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stroke Of Luck

For an easy, short run this morning, it ended up taking a bit more time than usual just because I found someone's bar coded membership card on the street. I knew the place it accessed, so I changed course so I could turn it in to the facility and they can get it to the owner. (I found it in the same spot as Monday's dog scramble ... to look at it, you'd never know it is such a hub of activity.)

My too-easy-to-call-it-a-good-deed paid off as I walked into Pit Crew 3's school to pick up Runner's Club materials just as the morning announcements were taking place and his 50-mile accomplishment was being announced. I wouldn't have heard that had I stayed on my planned course! Of course, being who I am, I walked out the doors of the school and had proud-mom tears in my eyes. *sniff* That's not all that was suddenly in my eyes, though ... it wasn't ear warmer weather, but that means the sweat normally caught by it had nowhere to go but down. And, that makes me do this:
Ow ... ow ... ow ... it stings ... ow ... ow ... ow ...
The extra morning warmth finally pushed this shirt over the edge, and it is officially trash:
Appropriately on top of the bags of doggie doo ...
I'm looking ahead at a mini break as I'm taking Saturday's run off to chill an extra day before training for April's Half officially begins Monday! YeeHaw!!! By the way, there's a women-only Half at the end of May I'm strongly considering. That one is in town, but unlike the last one I did in town, the course is better, and the map reflects NINE drink stations. NINE. We had TWO at the one in September. I think I might do May's just to stop and linger at every, single drink station and let the volunteers know they rock for being there. (If that's my plan, I'd better scope where the bathroom stations are ...!)

So, with three days off ahead of me, I'm pretty stoked both for the extra rest and to start the focus on Monday! In the meantime, let's get a sneak peek of Elly's plans for the next three days:
"You didn't take me again, Mommy. Not cool, not cool at all ..."
And, even though it has nothing to do with running, I thought I'd do a little show and tell by presenting you with the huge paws of our cat Lizzy:
Seriously huge. We're pretty sure she could take down the dog
with one fell swoop. (HA! Reminds me of the Emilio Estevez
line in The Breakfast Club when he threatened burn-out Bender
with a fight: "Two hits: Me hitting you, you hitting the floor.")
There's some saying out there I've always hated that says, "No good deed goes unpunished" or something stupid. Anyway, I got the 180 of that today, and I wish for you the same! See you on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment