Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finding Peace

In the past, I have been a regular checker of the "I Love To Run" Facebook page. I love the quotes and the inspirational pictures. Love them.

I don't think I've looked at that page for at least a month because other things have taken precedence. I decided I really wanted to look at it today in my continued project-status pursuit of keeping my mind at peace as much as possible especially while pursuing a Half that I really, really want to rock. I know I'm currently struggling a bit with that mind-body balance pursuit, so while I'm here at a bit of a tipping point, I want to do what I can to tip on the productive side.

And, as though they knew I was going to log on, the following entry was on their page today:

"Running is beautiful. It gives you control, it leaves the negative behind. Hurt, tears, hate, anger, sadness, it all leaves in the form of sweat and something stronger takes its place."

Having experienced this myself, I could not have said it better.

And, with this in mind, I run tomorrow. Half Marathon: Here. I. Come.

In the meantime, I used a bit of time today to stop and do one of the easiest stress relievers in the whole world ... Elly got an ear rub:
She has the softest ears in the entire world.
And, she's happy to share them with us!
I wish you a peaceful spot because you're worth taking the time for it. See you after the morning run.

No comments:

Post a Comment