Friday, February 17, 2012

Enough

I've been noticing how my Rest Days as of late have been a joke in terms of being restful. While I'm not using them to run, they've been so overloaded with need-to's and should-do's that I'm mentally wiped out way too early in the evening. And, if there's one thing I've learned through the years, it's that my mental state will eventually catch up with and screw up my weary brain. This not-taking-care-of-myself-mentally thing happened late last Spring to the point that I just wanted to quit running altogether because the mental exhaustion started to translate physically. When that happens, I drop confidence, the self-doubt returns, and it's a bear and a half to conquer. Last year, it took about 10 weeks to get over.

Well, this year, I don't have (nor do I want to give) 10 weeks for that kind of nonsense. Not only is the Half in 8 weeks, but I want to return to using running as an awesome outlet of time for me to just go out and breathe (and find pennies!). And, as it sits today, that is my plan: The return to normalcy!

So, this is what I'm looking forward to this weekend ... :
Why is it when I have a 10K 6 miles feels like an eternity but when
I'm training for a Half it's more like, "Eh ... here we go."
... but not before having Rest Day, Take 2, TOMORROW. Ahhhh ... Grab hold of what's not working for you and see if you can shake it up! See you tomorrow; I plan to be chill ...

No comments:

Post a Comment