Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Whoops!

Okay, I'm typically among to find any reason to celebrate, especially when it comes to incremental milestones, and I totally whiffed giving myself a Yahoo! for reaching 100 miles run so far in 2012! What a tool! So, a day later, I'm giving one to myself. Yahoo!! (That's very different from when the Pit Crewers were little and they had celebrations at school recognizing the 100th day of school ... they didn't do "Yahoo"s but they did do things like make necklaces out of 100 Fruit Loops ...)

Oh, SPEAKING OF necklaces, I thought this was a good time to pass along the picture sent out showing us what the finisher's medal looks like for the April Half!
Sweeeeet!!
Mine will look like the one on the right ... Hooray! Very clever how the Half Marathon one is smaller than the Full ... I'm glad they didn't make it half the size, too, because that would look dorky. Anyway, I know I talked about this prior to the Half in September, but allow me to revisit ... while I'm not a particular fan of "everybody gets a trophy," believe when I say that everybody who crosses that finish line should definitely get a prize, so bring on the bling! I'm getting excited!! And, that excitement is good because the next few long training runs can be a bit difficult to get through -- they can hurt, they take time, and I will hit points where my mind and my body will fight a little bit. I just have to remember that those things are only parts of the bigger picture to accomplish what I've set out to do. And, those parts are more than doable!

To that doable end, I'll be out and about tomorrow racking up some miles! In the meantime, would you like to see what the kitty looks like when you disturb her Rest Day? (I mean, her Rest Life!)
"Step away from the kitty ..."
(Isn't it nice that I made the kitties such a great blanket?)
More tomorrow after more miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment