Thursday, February 9, 2012

Self-Imposed Nothingness

My week has been busy, my brain has been on overload, and while a run this morning is just what I didn't want to do, it felt so good! Ahhh ... In fact, it felt so good that I intentionally worked on just letting my mind relax. And, when I choose to think about nothing important, I do so with gusto! For instance, when I was at a stop light, I noticed that this glove:
is not the same shade as this glove:
All of the gloves are in the same bin, and we have three red gloves.
(Yes, three ... don't you?) I grabbed and went, so what did I expect?
I spent a lot of time thinking about that, and, to tell you the truth, pondering that issue was an awesome use of my time while out and about! It's nice to think of something that just doesn't matter now and then! Besides, they're upcoming-holiday appropriate, so I got something right.

AND, from my self-imposed think-nothing mindset, I noticed the details:
This seems to be the last patch of snow. It's also my version of
stopping and smelling the roses. I missed Winter!!!
Okay, I have a funny story, though. So, yesterday, Aaron and I had a meeting with someone. She walked out to us, looked at my car and said, "Who's 13.1 is that?" I said it was mine. She said, "Nice. You know, I've always wanted to run a half marathon. But, I really don't." HA! I loved the honesty of it. Who wants to purposely choose to do something they don't like to do when there are so many other options? The want of the decision is key to me. And, we don't really get too many opportunities to really factor in our wants as we grow, so I'm all for capitalizing on the opportunity when it comes to choosing an exercise!

Take a moment to chill today if you have it! See you on Rest Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment