Saturday, February 11, 2012

Patience PAYS

My world these days has dictated that patience is a must. I tend to be pretty patient in the first place, but, wow, sometimes, I have to be even more so. What a drag to have to dig even deeper! But, that theme has also permeated my running adventures from the get go ... from building strength and endurance for various race lengths (that doesn't happen overnight for sure!) to my perpetual hope of finding a penny or two (requiring much in the way of patience lately!), I often find myself having to find peace in waiting.

Elly has a lot of patience and even more in the way of hope as she gave me the look to see if I'd take her with me this morning:
"How about if I ask really, really sweet?
No? *Sigh!*"
In the meantime, the kitty did not need to dip in her well of patience as she could not care less where I'm going:
"That dog's whappy tail is annoying me."
So, off I went, solo, in the 11 degree weather. Yowza! That was just plain Brrrr ... The first full mile was directly into the bitter wind, too. While I do like the cold a lot, that was a bit rough!

After that mile, I turned the corner heading up a big hill. Talk about patience, this is yet another hill I never thought I'd conquer. But, it's becoming pretty natural, and that rules. On that hill, I saw this:
I'm always intrigued by frozen water that was
clearly heading down a hill ... that's cold!
And, even better, on that same hill -- the hill I added to my route just last night as I had a whole different route all planned out -- my penny patience totally paid off:
Cha-ching!
Oh, but, wait! There's more ... more ... MORE!
Ba-da-BING!! Cha-cha-cha-ching!!!
That's 33 copper coins, ladies and gentlemen!
And, that's one happy Snoopy bank!! Yahoo!!
That was a sweet way to spend my first official long run for April's Half Marathon training! Yahoo!! And, the find shot my cash count ahead of my miles which seems to be important to Pit Crew #3 who believes I should be able to find money on every outing. He knows that's not likely, so his secondary plan for me is to find quarters every now and then. I like how he thinks! (By the way, I dreamt last night that I found a quarter, a dime, a nickel and a penny in a little hole in the street while running today. That would have been more cash, but this trail of treasure was so much fun!!)

Patience paid off for me, but from beginning of the day to the end, it did nothing for Elly's desires:
We made our homemade pizza again, and
she patiently watched the floor hoping for
something - anything - to drop! No such luck.
She also longingly gazed at the oven while
they baked. Poor baby.
That was a great Saturday, and a 5-mile run to start the day was just what I needed to clear the brain cells and get them ready for another full day of mental work!! My brain and I will enjoy Rest Day, though! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment