Sunday, February 19, 2012

Right Mind Rewarded

As anticipated, it was a great morning for a run, but I learned a lesson: Never check email before heading out especially on a long run. I received a message that annoyed the tar out of me, and I spent the first two miles trying to figure out how to solve the presented (ridiculous) problem. THEN, the kicker: I was pretty certain I'd figured out a solution, but I was 4 miles away from finishing the run, so I couldn't solve it right then. Grrr! I do tend to be patient, but when I have things to put in to motion, those patience are put to the test!

I did keep my head clear during those first couple of miles enough to notice this:
If you look directly behind the light post most near the center, you see where the road hits the trees in front of the horizon. That's where I'm going! AND, that's only about half way. Holy moly, that looks far away! So, to know I can run that feels awesome especially on a morning where getting out of bed was a chore. (Wait, what morning doesn't feel that way?) It is difficult to see the point to which I'm referring because there were so many chimneys cranking out the smoke from morning fires. Ahhh ... very cozy, just a bit of a challenge to breath through!

So, I solved some problems, I soaked in my surroundings and I unexpectedly rocked my run! I was right on pace with where I want to be (on pace = rocked) which tells me I was able to keep my muddled brain in check. Outstanding!

I have to share what else happened soon after the run: We were on our way for a bagel and Diet Coke (yummmm). We were stopped at an intersection stop light when I noticed a penny in the road. Of course, I had to go get it. Then, I get back in the car, and Pit Crew #2 announces she thinks she sees a quarter out there. I didn't let her get out to get it for safety reasons, but I did go myself. PC2 was in total fear that I was going to pull a I-picked-it-up-I-keep-it move. I didn't ... but, I did swap it out for one in my purse because look at these fellas:

There's no way someone is going to let me use that to spend, but I don't care because it's fun! I'll keep my eyes peeled for some recognizable cash tomorrow! See you after.

No comments:

Post a Comment