Monday, February 20, 2012

Get-To-Moving Monday

I'm not ashamed to say that doing a short run the day after a long one kinda stinks. But, last Fall, I made it so there was a Rest Day after every long run, and I know that had a negative impact on my endurance. So, I decided not to dink with the system this time and do it the way it is designed which is the same way it was very successful for me the first time I thought running a Half Marathon was a good idea. So, there you go. Today was a day to hit it.

Here are today's prizes:
And, from where are the random gummy bears in the street coming?!
If that were a paper napkin, Elly would have gone for it. As it's
a gummy bear, she completely ignored it.
A good mile into the run, I decided to play with new ways of taking pictures of Elly. (For as much as I do enjoy just running, it's much more entertaining when I have something to play with.) So, here's one the regular way where I could look through the view finder if it weren't bouncing all over the place:
I have the best ears ever.
Then, for fun, I decided to hold the camera out in front of me (with the view finder facing away from me) and see what happens. Because of where the button is to actually take the picture, I also had to hold the camera upside down which I found terribly fun (it doesn't take much). The outcome -- and I thought they were actually pretty good for taking them completely blind with an upside down camera:
I realize there's very little difference, but it was really fun to mess around with it. It's nice to have new things to do out there! I think our model was ready to be finished when we got home, don't you?
Open says me. Now.
This afternoon also included another 3 miles of walking (where pennies and bb's were also found! Super scores!), so she and I are ready for Rest Day tomorrow! See you then with our feet up!

No comments:

Post a Comment