Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tired = Uninspired

How about that poetry in the title of today's entry? We can now call it Poetry In Motion because I still went out and ran. It was a total yawn fest for the first half of the route, and then, I seemed to wake up. Was the change because I stumbled upon this?
At first, I thought it was a dime. Instead, it's a penny that has taken
a number of beatings in its existence!
And, in that same spot, this happened:
Mommy! Take a picture of MEEEEEEE!
Elly cracked me up shoving her face in front of the camera, so I spent an extra bit of time giving her some ear rubbing and gushy words of love. Just as I stood up to continue running, I saw the Good For You lady rounding the corner! Hooray! She had a very concerned look on her face when I first saw her, but as soon as I smiled and waved at her, she flashed a smile back and carried on. It was clear she was concerned about why I was not only stopped but was also slumped over. How nice is that? I love that she and I are each other's morning "regulars" ... kind of like how everyone at McDonald's knows Aaron's name and desire for a Diet Coke. (Shall we start singing the theme from Cheers now?!) Anyway, that little blip was a lovely spot to the day ... penny, pooch and waving pal!

Elly and I went on our way only to find a DIME about a quarter mile down the road (yahoo!!), but that wasn't nearly as interesting to Elly as what she soon spied and I would not have even seen except she actually stopped in her tracks:
And, I followed her gaze to:
Hey, Elly, keep your distance. These five geese could probably
take you in a rumble ...
These geese were talking up a storm, so I'm not sure how I missed them. I think I was lost basking in my recent dime find. I again stopped for the pooch because she really, really did not want to move! After a minute, we went on, but she decided to run sideways to keep watching because she obviously had not had her fill:
She was sideways running 'til right before I snapped this. We had
a bit of a start-stop situation for a few feet as she ran in this position
for a bit. It must be tough to keep going when you're bent in half. I,
for one, would fall over, so her stopping was probably very necessary.
Finally, the girl got her groove back ...:
... and we finished up the rest of the route in a very routine, uneventful manner! It sure did give Elly some thoughts to think on the way home, though. At least, I thought she looked mighty thoughtful:
I, on the other hand, was thinking about what I was listening to on the radio ... the forecast calls for a bit of snow, but before the snow accumulates, we are to expect a layer of ice. The DJs even specifically said 'if you are taking a run tomorrow, you might want to plan on your treadmill.' It's like the magic box was talking to me! I don't like what they said, though. Treadmill. Ick.

We'll see how it goes ... the weather could be something or it could be nothing at all. See you in the morning with the report!

No comments:

Post a Comment