Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Flip Flop

Given both the weather predictions and the rest-of-my-world schedule tomorrow, I did a switch-a-roo and moved Rest Day to tomorrow and ran today. I don't like to dink with the schedule when I have the Half Marathon training miles on the calendar, but I'm not quite there, so I took advantage of the situation and made the running day today ... because I could! That's power I don't tend to have, so I take it when I can.

I'm really, really glad I chose today to go ... It was 20 degrees, but with no wind, it felt great! That's the kind of temperature that puts frost on the ol' ear warmer, but that's just cool. AND, for today, I made a plan to diverge my route just enough to put myself in (what Dr. Phil would call) a "target rich environment" to see if I could score some loose change. That's, right, I added on some parking lot paths, and it totally worked! See?
Not only is the Snoopy bank pleased, but Pit Crew #3 will be, too.
He thinks it's cool to have more cents than miles in my count.
I like that kind of math! Given the current tally, though, I'd better
keep looking while I'm running!
So, that happened right at the midway point of the run, and I'm thinking it's a great outing, right? Who knew it would only get better from there!! Sit back, and enjoy:
See that spectacular shot of blue? I can't believe I was lucky
enough to cross paths with that!!
I immediately stopped to watch, and I noticed he had friends ...
There's one ...
And, there's a little guy who liked playing on the ground ...
And, this one seemed to enjoy striking a pose ...
... Or two!
And, the blue friends had other friends! I know these guys are
destructive ... but, they're awesome when they're on a tree!
Then I barely caught these two before they took off!
FABULOUS!! These birds made the entire run totally worthwhile!! Yes, yes, it was worthwhile anyway, but STILL!!

So, I finished and was full of awesome eye candy, so I carried on ...
Question: When you go the grocery store after you run, what do you crave?
Answer:
Another question: When I go running and then go to the grocery store and still haven't showered and won't be able to do so for about another half hour, how do I reward myself?
Obvious answer:
Last question: When you go running, then you immediately go to the grocery store, how bad do you smell when you get home?
Answer: A lot.

See you tomorrow on real Rest Day! I hope to get my thoughts together from yesterday's meeting to take the next step in my I Have an Idea campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment