Monday, January 9, 2012

All Dressed Up With Places To Go!

It's MONDAY!! I'm very serious that my new running duds inspired me to get up and get out there today because the idea itself did not! It's so cozy under the blankets when it's chilly out!! But, staying in bed was not an option, so I drug my sorry self out and got ready!

I know this is kind of difficult to interpret just looking at it ... This is my view of Elly who completely got in my way while I was standing and stretching. I had just leaned down to my toes, then I stood up straight. Then I looked down, and there was a dog in my way ... butting up against me and wagging. Do you think she wanted something?:
Sweet girl ... she never knows which running days she gets to join
me and which days she's left at home, but she's always hopeful!
Well, she was in luck today! Off we went!
How snazzy are my gloves with my jacket?
AND it all matches Elly's leash ... MAN, I
have it all together, huh?! (HA!) Both kept
me quite comfy in the 20-degree start!
I had a lot of good thoughts to think when I was out today, but they kept getting interrupted by such things as multiple potty breaks (for Elly in case that's a question ...) and by this:
It came untied once every mile. And only the left one!
What's up with that?
I finally caved and enlisted the help of double-knotting or the combination of stops between me and Elly would have added up to an all-day affair on this run! HOWEVER, this kind of stop never bothers me:
Look close near the middle ... can you spy with your little eye?
See if this helps:
Okay, I don't think that helped at all ... so here we are up close with its friend I found a half mile down the road!

That new Snoopy bank is feelin' the love!!
It was an excellent way to start off the week and a really busy day! I hate to admit (I really, really do) that I have taken specific notice in the past few weeks and learned that I really do feel so much better for the rest of the day on days that I run versus Rest Days. Don't get me wrong, Rest Days aren't going anywhere as the muscles really do need some down time. But, lately it's been so much more evident that the post-run feels awesome all day. Maybe it feels that way because I started paying attention. Maybe it feels that way because I finally have my routine so engrained that I can feel that ebb and flow instead of the running endeavor feeling like a big, messy blur! And, why do I hate to admit this? Because it takes away my used-to-be-me excuse that I'll just be tired the rest of the day if I start off by exercising ... drat! (hee hee)

See you tomorrow on Rest Day where I'll reveal the outcome of another kitchen trial!! I'm super-excited about it ... thank Hungry Girl for the recipe that I'm going to give a whirl! Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment