Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Run As Planned

I have been looking forward to this morning's run since Monday. Why? Because I knew these were still lurking in the street waiting for their new home:
And this is a mere representation of what was out there!
I seriously have been thinking about these b.b.'s since leaving so many of them the other day when out with Aaron. I don't know why we've found it so much fun to collect them as a family, but I don't question it. Why question something so simple that brings a little pleasure?

Clearly, I am shameless in my motivational reasons to run. "Nancy, are you running for the health benefits?" "Nah, it's for the stuff!" I don't even take this route on a regular basis, not to mention this stash of goodness is at the bottom of a hill (ugh), but I have been planning to make it happen for two days. Mission accomplished!

Here's the outcome of today's treasure:
These two are stuck. They may end up torturing me to the point I
have to bring tools with me ...
These I could get ... I even found 3 more black ones which will be
of particular interest to the Pit Crewers. They understand things that
are scarce in the world of finding ... like nickels. I come across stray
quarters more often than nickels ... weird.
And, yes, you see a new, little nugget in the stash. I call it my ball of good fortune as it reminds me of a crystal ball ... without the powers of course:
Can't you hear the glorious singing in the background accompanying
my find?
There's nothing like a few prizes along the way on a run! (Oh, remember those gummy bears from the other day? All of them are gone except for the yellow one. I couldn't blame the little critters that left that one. Totally my least favorite gummy bear flavor. That and green. Seems the animal kingdom has some taste.) Anyway, all distractors are good, and all miles count even when you stop to pick things up! Here's to the simple things in life, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment