Friday, January 20, 2012

Running Treasures

Often when I run, I get the best feeling of, "Ahhhh ..." in the middle of it. It's a mental "Ahhhh ..." where I have the luxury of being present in a moment for just a little while. It's a great feeling. And, it's often mentally cleansing.

Pit Crew #1, Aaron, and I had a similar feeling when we spent half the day cleaning out our storage room purging it of things of our past. In the cleaning, I came upon these treasures from the Pit Crew from September's Half Marathon, all made with love:
Clearly, they could find me on course which is awesome!!
A lovely contribution from Pit Crew #2! A bright spot in the middle
of a tough haul!
Pit Crew #3 thinks it's funny (and it is) to put on a British accent
and call me, "Mumsies." He just didn't know how to spell it. In
fairness, I had to look it up. I saw people read his sign and not get it.
But, they didn't have to. I totally got it!
Remember when Burgess Meredith's character Mickey, the trainer
in the first three Rocky movies, got in Rocky's face and used his
gravelly voice to deliver his knock-'em-out pep talks? That's what
Aaron thought of when he first saw this picture of me and Elly
after my first 5K in 2009. He often looks at this picture and uses
the gravel tone to "speak for" Elly as he snarls his lip and grunts,
"Run!" Therefore ...
... he made me this sign! Outstanding!
And, finally. An awesome sight after 13.1 miles!!
It's the little things done for you that mean a lot. I don't think I believed that when I was a little kid. Thank goodness I grew up! Thank you, Pit Crew, for the time and love that went into these!! You. All. ROCK.

See you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment