Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baby, It's Only Kind-Of Cold Outside ...

I fully expected the temperature to be in the single digits this morning, so I mentally prepared to either go by myself (as I seem to be pretty alone in this house in my enjoyment of cold) or to have to do the nasty treadmill if there was still too much ice in the way. As soon as I heard it was 22 degrees, I was stoked! That's awesome running weather to me especially when there's no wind, so Running Pal Aaron and I got ready and headed out!
I in my fabulous purple jacket and shirt ...
he in his four layers and not quite sure it's
going to be enough! They say opposites attract ...
I did notice this during the run:
If there's a moon, shouldn't I still be in bed? I think so!
There was also quite a bit of this, but it was easy to avoid unless cars were coming:
So pretty and sparkly ... this stretch was
actually pretty thin on the ice situation
compared to others ... but that was good
because it is also a hill.
Aaron and I had a lot of good things to talk about which was most definitely fun, but we seemed to use up most conversation topics before hitting the big hill. That was not proper planning because we didn't have a good distractor while going up. (While going down hill, I proclaimed my love of going down hill to which Aaron responded, "Oh, that controlled falling thing? Yeah, that's good.")

I realized while out and about today how much of this running adventure I talk about as thought it's just a blast to do. This should show you it's not all fun and games for sure:
That does not look like I'm having fun at all.
So should this:
Big huff required while he catches his breath in the cold air. That's
not the easiest thing to do because it's not just cold, it's dry ...
just adding to the glory of the outing, right?!
But, check out how it feels to conquer the big hill!
Heyyyy ... hooooo ... heyyyyyy ... hoooo ... celebration required!
And, he looks pretty pleased with his efforts, too ... especially now that they're finished!
Yeah!!! Very sweaty super star!!
Yes, it feels good to finish. Every time. Getting out of a warm bed, boo! Going out when the wind cuts through you, boo! Going out when it's 90% humidity and 80 degrees at 6 a.m., boo! Going out when it's 6 a.m., boo! But, finishing ... hooray!! Every. Single. Time.

Indeed, Running Pal and I felt awesome after. It seems the only one disappointed around here is ... you guessed it ... :
I cleaned up a big Diet Coke disaster just
yesterday thanks to the cat, I don't want
to have to clean up gone-to-far barf from
you today, sweet doggie ...
Rest Day earned for tomorrow to be back at it Monday. It's a holiday, too, so I get double the company with my Running Pal and Elly!! YeeHaw!!!! The schedule for the Half Marathon training is on the calendar, by the way ... the official training miles begin in three weeks! Yeahhhhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment