Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Sweet Sew Of Success

So, I've mentioned a time or two how Elly and I are oh-SO-fashion-conscious with our running apparel ... (ha!). Therefore, I must not only unveil yet another bandana that she can sport while jogging with me, but I also share with you that this was the most successful sewing venture for me ever. No thread knotting up on me, no threads breaking, no bad words thought nor said because the entire event was smooth sailing ... total and complete success! That kind of success is worth savoring and a perfect way to punctuate this Rest Day!

You should know this particular Peanuts material has been sitting next to me at the computer for months just waiting to become a bandana. It sat there because I get so wound up when the sewing machine thwarts my efforts that I have to be in just the right mood to take it on. Yes, you've done the math ... I took on running as a first-time venture at 40, but I still consistently let a sewing machine intimidate me. Seems odd to me, too, but we all take on our battles!

Face one of your challenges today, and celebrate it no matter what it is!! Believe when I say I'll celebrate your success with you ... I just fessed up that I'm scared of the sewing machine, so whatever your challenge is, you're in good company!! See you tomorrow after the morning run! (You know ... that activity that used to totally intimidate me!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment