Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rest Day Victory

In about the same amount of time it takes me to run a mile, I accomplished this on today's Rest Day:
Ahhhhhh ...
That's right -- All plastic storage containers matched with their plastic lids. Extra lids and containers without lids discarded. Ahhh ... THAT, my friends, is a sight for sore eyes!! And, seriously ... I accomplished that in the same amount of time it takes to cruise a mile ... so, why did it take months to even attempt?

I had most definitely trumped this project up in my head to believe it was some kind of challenge for the ages and would require way more of me than it actually did -- an all-too-familiar mindset that makes things more difficult than they actually are or that defeats us before ever starting. I hate that mental feeling and how it can show up anywhere, any time. But, I do love when I recognize and conquer it! (I will need to remember this in the morning when I'm to get up and run on what is otherwise a day off ...!!)

In the meantime, while I was under the sink with the plastic friends, check out what Elly accomplished in that exact, same time frame:
She accomplished absolutely nothing. She
stared at her bowl hoping for food hours before
her feeding time. Nice try.
She needs to save her energy as she'll join us on the morning run! Take just a few minutes for yourself today to accomplish a lingering annoyance ... it feels so good!! I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment