Monday, January 16, 2012

Not a Day Off From the Run!

Even though it's a day to run, I still got to sleep until 8 a.m. today!! Wahoo!! That never happens! A run day -- especially on a weekend or other day off like today -- usually means I need to get up early to get the run in so we can all play together without my time out putting things on hold. But, somehow, it worked out to sleep in, and it was awesome!

I finally drug my sorry self out of bed, and everyone got ready:
Welcome back from your post-holiday nap,
Jacques!!
... and, off we went! We had not so much as logged a half of a mile before I said to Aaron, "Gee, it's sure a jolt to the system when that first day of Spring hits, huh?" Only it's January. Mid-January when we should have bitter cold, but, instead, it was 49 degrees when we headed out! I checked the temperature before getting dressed, so I was reasonably comfortable on the outing (as comfortable as one is with sweat going in the eyeballs now and then), but Aaron, unfortunately, overdressed which only makes the effort more difficult. Don't get me wrong, he's a power-walking machine, but it's even less fun when you so wish you did not have that sweatshirt on!! (It took me a year and a half to be able to look at a temperature and immediately figure out what to wear, so I felt for him. But, I still get cranky when I overdress, and he didn't complain at all, so he's way more evolved than I in that regard!!)

We came up with very excellent things to discuss from "real" topics to do with health (in general) to "train wreck fun" of this evening's installment of The Bachelor. But, as mentally stimulating as all topics were (especially -- stating the obvious -- the latter one), Aaron still seemed in need of something else to do. So, I gave him the camera to get a picture of both of us in motion. The outcome:
And, not too far from this spot, we collected more b.b.'s! Of course, they were on an up hill, but that doesn't stop us!
Okay, how sweet is it to find things that match my shoelaces! Oh,
yes, that is a fabulous find when running, friends!
... and we wrapped it up for the day! It always feels good to bank a few more miles! It feels even better when I know it's not on the docket for tomorrow! Ha!

And, for the after-run-day-off breakfast, Pit Crew #2 and I made fancy pancakes:
A bit of apple chunks, banana pieces and almond slivers into my
very favorite Fiber One pancake mix ... mmm ... mmm ... if you've
not tried Fiber One pancakes, do not be afraid!! They're tasty!!
Super yummy!! We ate while watching a
show on TLC called, "Extreme Cheapskates."
A strategy featured by one "cheapskate"
was that of picking up coins left on the ground.
Ohhh ... yeahhh!! That's not cheap, that's
valuing what's in front of you to me! Cha-ching!
Those fancy pancakes were as good as the miles! More from the kitchen soon as Hungry Girl featured Sesame Chicken over the weekend, and I've got to try that! In the meantime, I'll see you on Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment