Thursday, January 26, 2012

50 Never Looked So Good

It's Thursday, so I ran. I found no money which made me sad. I added to my miles, and that made me happy. Pretty typical, right? Here's what's not typical ... I give a SHOUT OUT to Pit Crew #3 who hit 50 miles in his runner's club cumulative miles challenge of last night!! YEAH!!!!!
His path to this mark has, in many ways, mirrored my own experiences: Making a decision he could do this; Going out when he's super-stoked to do it; Going out when he wanted to do something else but said he was going to log some miles that day; Running in the brrrrr-cold; Running when the weather is perfect; Running then walking then running all in one outing; Running with friends; Running alone with his thoughts; Finding his own treasures along the way; Gunning for a self-imposed goal; Crossing his first official finish line; Getting unconditional support, cheers and high fives from the family; Believing in himself no matter what; Just going because he said he could.

It's partly about the running, but it's all about the heart.

WAY TO GO hitting a major milestone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment