Monday, November 30, 2015

Unexpectedly Productive

In a most unexpected turn of events, my Monday-after-a-holiday was super productive!! That never happens! I think I was just that determined to not have the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas follow suit of the last few weeks where I've only muddled through. So, there. I hope your Monday back to it was equally great however you define the greatness!!

It probably didn't hurt my work-from-home productivity to not run this morning as I decided to let it force my hand to do something with that time. It was cold and raining again this morning, so, not running was really not my choice as much as an option I exercised because I was not running in cold rain. Ick. And, brrrr. I will be back at it tomorrow, though.

So, for the last few days, I've certainly been indulged in the good stuff. Yesterday, I lived amongst the Snoopies ...
The "skirt" of the Peanuts tree takes shape!
Indeed, decorating for Christmas is in full force around here!

Also during the last week was our first-ever 5K-to-Couch series created by Pit Crew #2 and myself to take away any potential feelings of guilt (ha! Whatever.) or otherwise sluggishness when our real Thanksgiving aim was to hang on the couch together as much as possible and catch up on awesome DVRed TV. That, my friends, is ambition if I ever heard!

We did, indeed, run at least 3.1 miles daily, so the exercise part of the mission was completed! On those four days, we: hit the couch twice (excellent, sappy Hallmark TV movie, at our service, as well as a Food Network Holiday Baking Championship we're in the middle of); spent a way-past-our-bedtime evening during a surprise visit from out-of-town friends, and then there was Thanksgiving where we had our annual dessert + Home Alone viewing also, this year, shared with a friend.

And, that's what I call BOUNTY.

The break with the kids was painfully too short, as usual, but we most definitely made the most of it. I think it's exactly what we all needed --> a recharge from each other. At least, that's how it worked for me.

The regular swing continues onward from here even amongst the crazy of the season! That sounds like a great time to go for a run to start the day off just breathing. I'll check in after ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment