Friday, November 20, 2015

Day Late, Dollar Extra

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 917.8 (running: 735.3; walking: 37.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $96.61

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 917.8 Aaron: 621 (b: 550.6; w: 70.4)  Elly: 246.2 Total: 1785

Well, so much for being on top of things this week! I ran yesterday and didn't even get back to thinking about it again once I was finished much less jotting it down for posterity's sake. I blew a whole bunch of intended plans yesterday while somehow managing to accomplish the absolutes. Sometimes, that has to be good enough!

I keep thinking about yesterday's run, though, because I missed out on getting out there today. It seems that when one makes a dental appointment six months in advance, the appointment doesn't necessarily end up landing at the most convenient time! So, last night, when I realized this conflict in my desired schedule, I simply cut my losses and moved on rather than beating myself up trying to figure out how to make up the run or the miles or whatever. Instead, I had a little slower of a morning, took care of my oral hygiene and have big plans for a fun, cold run tomorrow with Pit Crew #2!

By the way, I like going to the dentist. For real. I always have. I have always hated going to the doctor, but put me in a dental chair for a cleaning any time! Oral hygiene: Good. But, apparently, my make-up removal hygiene is way, way under par. Check this out:
That's my eye make-up from the night before after running 4.6 miles! That shows you what a terrible, terrible job I did taking it off. And, yes, I know there are all sorts of reasons I'm supposed to. It just doesn't sit high on my priority list. Or, apparently, it's not on there at all. I need to rethink my position when I see people running in makeup because maybe it's not that they put it on before heading out ...

In the arena of role modeling proper make-up removal importance: Fail. I do pretty okay in other areas, though, so, there you have it.

Before I even realized I was on a Glam run, I was out there having a great time soaking up a very cool morning. While so many of the trees have dropped their leaves, there are others still holding strong ...
... and, I take all of them in. I truly love the beauty of Fall!

I also loved finding more than a dollar's worth of coins which was a complete surprise after Wednesday's bonanza! I'm not half as focused on running right now as I am on how much more money can I find before next week's donation day! I'd love to think I could swing the total over $100, but I fully accept that's really not in my control! I plan to route tomorrow's run to maximize potential, though.

So, today has been full of looking both backward and forward, just by a day each direction, to make sure loose ends are wrapped up and decent plans are made so as not to just squander or otherwise allow time to slip away from me. As I keep experiencing in this season of what I can only call Blur, time has a way of doing that if I don't grab on to it and make it what I want! That's the plan for tomorrow -- to start the way I want with a run ... unless it rains, then, screw it.

I'll be checking in! Happy beginning of the WEEKEND!!

No comments:

Post a Comment