Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Misery In Good Company

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 877.1 (running: 689.4; walking: 37.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $80.43
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 877.1 Aaron: 586.3 (b: 520.6; w: 65.7)  Elly: 232.4 Total: 1695.8
 
I am not going to lie nor otherwise sugar-coat this: Today's run just kind of sucked.
There. I said it.

What made it not suck entirely was that Pit Crew #2 was with me! Hooray!
She reported the run sucked for her, too, because she's not had time to exercise in any real way for at least a week. (I ran just two days ago, though, so what was my problem ...) Anyway, I have to admit taking comfort hearing her huff and puff or otherwise exhale in an exhausted-disgusted kind of way because by the time she started making such noises, well, I'd started them about a mile back.

It was three miles of misery in good company.

The really good thing is that I started the run voicing creaking noises, but it's because of the run that I felt much better throughout the day. Clearly, there were some creakies to work out. More often than not, it feels better later.

Besides the company and the so-glad-I-ran feeling later in the day, the best part of the outing was being able to be honest with each other. Some runs feel great, and some just do not. I'm no fan of pretending, so it's a blessing to be around those who can just accept me where I'm at in any given moment. And, I like being able to do the same for my kiddo. She deserves that kind of acceptance in every way.

PC#2 and I have awesome plans in the very near future, and I will share them on the next Rest Day! For real, they're pretty fantastic. At least they are to us! Until then, it's a running day tomorrow. I'll be checking in no matter how it went! See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment