Monday, November 23, 2015

Slow Start

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 928.1 (running: 744.1; walking: 39.2; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $98.25

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 928.1 Aaron: 660.5 (b: 588.6; w: 71.9)  Elly: 250.8 Total: 1821.4

You know those times when you decide to just embrace the schedule coming your way so that it actually makes you laugh more than it stresses you out? I had a moment like that last night when looking at just the first two days of this week. I'd look at them and simply think, "Yeah. I'm pretty screwed." And, just accepting it made it feel better! It doesn't hurt that on the other side of those two days are a number in a row where the only thing on the agenda is whatever we want to do. So, barring anything unforeseen getting thrown in the mix (including a suddenly sick young one as happened today), and the end of the week should be easier than the beginning!

Running with the theme of not easy, let's discuss this morning's run: It was not easy. I was out and about yesterday afternoon, on my feet longer than expected and finding myself doing more walking than I would have guessed. That all added up to legs screaming for mercy this morning, and I run was not an enticing idea! That's when I had the most brilliant idea ever to bring Elly with me because, if I ever want an excuse to go quite slow, she's my gal.
"I got you, mommy."
It was 31 degrees when we headed out which is 10 degrees too warm for my super-awesome, purple running jacket. But, when you're trotting along like we did, that super-awesome, purple running jacket was quite comfortable.

That tells you everything you need to know about how the run really went. And, that was just fine for today!

One of the main reasons I wanted to go out today instead of putting it off 'til tomorrow was an effort to make one more good sweep before tomorrow's donation day for the Food Bank! I'll be counting it all up in the morning to verify my tally which will include the $1.25 I picked up today! By the way, every squat down to get a coin was actually a welcomed stretch of the ol' tired legs. Who would have expected that? I would have guessed it would be a go-down-stay-down situation, but it turned out to be just what I needed!

I am taking tomorrow off from running not just because my legs are telling me to, but, moreso, because Pit Crew and I have our 5K-to-Couch thing going on starting Wednesday, and I don't need to be running every day this week. So, instead of running, I'll be counting!! Stay tuned for the official outcome ... and, thank you for rooting it on!! See you tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment