Saturday, November 14, 2015

How Much Is That Penguin In the Window ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 908.6 (running: 726.1; walking: 37.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $93.42

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 908.6 Aaron: 611 (b: 540.6; w: 70.4)  Elly: 246.2 Total: 1765.8
 
I must stand corrected from yesterday: Aaron did not spend any time complaining about the cold this morning. And, that's because he wore his fleece hood/mask and his winter gloves.

Whatever works.

I thought the temperature was almost perfect. It was perhaps a bit chilly, not no biggie. Some knit gloves and long sleeves did the trick. And, of course, no wind was the real reason I wasn't too cold! We had a very nice, very quiet, Saturday morning outing. It was perfect.

I had to stop and take a look at some of the new, cute window decorations in one of the downtown stores:
I really wanted to find out how much those owls in the bin are, but none of the price tags were facing us in the bin nor those hanging in the window. So cute, though!

Who knew running was also good for window shopping? I know, I know, most runners don't stop for such things. But, I do. It's part of what makes it all fun! I will get more down to business about this in January. For now, my eyes are on Pit Crew #2 and my "5K To Couch" Thanksgiving endeavor, the family 5K on Thanksgiving Day, the virtual cupcake 10K run in December ... and, whatever else I figure out along the way! With only six weeks left in the year, though, there's not much more planning or figuring out to do!

And, of course, I'd love a handful more morning outings with this guy:
And, tomorrow? It's been a very long week; I think I must rest! We'll see what actually happens, but that's my plan. Enjoy your Saturday evening, and I'll be checking in ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment