Sunday, November 15, 2015

Got Over It

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 908.6 Aaron: 621 (b: 550.6; w: 70.4)  Elly: 246.2 Total: 1775.8
 
Early this afternoon, I heard it is supposed to rain tomorrow morning which is when I'm planning to run. After a few minutes of pondering, I just about had myself talked into going for a run.

And, then, I got over it. I did this instead:
I know, I do something close to this every year. But, this year, it took me a couple of weeks to even get to it, and, then, I pulled it off in about 5 minutes. The 5-minute part was sweet.

That was a fabulous way to spend 5 minutes of my Rest Day. Well, let's call it 10 minutes because I have to get the box out of the storage room, and that's not as easy as it sounds when the cats are banned from going in there but they run to it as soon as they hear the door open and/or close and then they sit like palace guards on the outside of the door waiting for it to open and they don't move to let you out of there and you're trying to watch to make sure they don't just bolt in ...

I totally get the run-on sentence factor; it's very indicative of my brain during that delicate time between opening and closing the storage room door, though.

So, tomorrow: Who knows? If it's raining, I'm diving right in and using the time to work instead of biking-instead-of running. My fingers are crossed for the opportunity to run, though, especially when they're calling for rain Tuesday morning, too. This week is -- and, my goals are adjusted as -- such that I can just play it by ear, so I'm going to!

May your Monday start just the way you want -- or the very best you can make of it! -- and, I'll check in as we kick it off the week together!

No comments:

Post a Comment