Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Wrapped It Up

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 886.3 (running: 698.6; walking: 37.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $82.70

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 886.3 Aaron: 586.3 (b: 520.6; w: 65.7)  Elly: 237 Total: 1709.6
 
Elly and I played a little game late this afternoon. It was called the "I'm Not Looking At You" game.
"If I look at you, you might think I want
to come inside. And, I don't. So ...
"... I actually won't look at you."
She was on a great mission at that point in the day of wanting to soak up some easy Fall weather. The afternoon was truly delightful as was the morning run.

Elly and I took to the streets together today, and I thoroughly enjoyed her relaxed aura (well, relaxed unless a big truck passed by, but I was in the mood for her shenanigans today). It was a tumbly-kind of week full of more ups and downs than I feel I am normally equipped to handle. I had some pondering to do ...
Ahh ... Fall eye candy.
I spent my time sorting out all of the week's pieces and putting them where they belong. Some things merely needed an order of attack (ahh, organization!!), some topics needed figuring out, and some items needed to be dismissed. Using a Friday run to mentally recap the week and head into the weekend on more solid footing is time well spent.
Hitting the pause button on the run to let
cars pass so I could get in the road and
take this picture was time well spent, too.
I also took time while out there to put aside the events that are happening, and I thought about the people taking the ride with me. Most of the stories in my life right now are not earth shattering, but they are things to manage. And, I have the very best people -- family and friends -- who listen, supportively advise and cheer. I'm fortunate to have had a slew of pom-poms shaken my direction this week. I don't take any, single one of them for granted. So thankful.

I'm not being purposely evasive on the week's happenings; the topics just don't really matter. We all have our stuff, and it's for us to decide how big or how little, and to do that not as compared to anyone else. What really matters is what we do with what we've been handed -- and who we choose to put in our corners.

I've been so blessed to have great cheerleaders behind me no matter what endeavor I'm taking on or situation I'm going through. That was certainly evident when I took on this running gig; it seems appropriate to spend time thinking about them while out doing just that.
 
And, that's a great, personal set up to motivate me for tomorrow's morning run. I'll see you after ...

No comments:

Post a Comment