Friday, November 13, 2015

Winding Down the Week

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 903.9 (running: 721.4; walking: 37.7; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $90.46

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 903.9 Aaron: 606.3 (b: 540.6; w: 65.7)  Elly: 246.2 Total: 1756.4
 
So, this happened today:
Yeahhhh it did!! That's a pic of the movie poster that I really really really want. I tried to take a picture of it at the theater, but that just doesn't work well with a well-weathered, acrylic poster frame. So, thanks, Googe Images, for having exactly what I wanted!

It was fabulous, by the way. An hour and a half of visual happy. WOOHOO!!

Pit Crew #2 and I spent the better part of an hour with our own brand of happy this morning as we headed out to run together. We ended up going our 4.2-mile route even though I know she not-so-secretly wanted to go 3. She hinted at it last night, but I told her we shouldn't talk about it because no distance was going to sound inviting when discussed at 11 p.m. I also knew I wanted to go this particular route, and I didn't feel like making a case for it. See how that worked out?

It worked out great for all, by the way. We had plenty of things to catch up on as well as just enjoy a crisp morning. It was 35 degrees but no gloves required. I can't complain about that!

We both found some money, too (score!). At one point, PC#2 let me know under no uncertain terms that I overlooked a dime that she ended up finding. About 100 yards later, I let her know she didn't see the quarter that I found. And, I made annoying noises at her about it.
The noises matched the face.
Mom of the year.

Regardless of who found what, the Food Bank tally went over the $90 mark because of it all!! That's HUGE!!

Also along the route, PC#2 and I swapped running fuel notations. Mine: "Uuuugh ... popcorn. Not good running fuel." PC#2: "Hey, that Sonic slushie wasn't so bad to have last night before running!" That's when I tripped her. JUST KIDDING.

So, it was a full morning of activity success with our running and Aaron's 20 miles on the bike. I'm taking Aaron running with me tomorrow; it's supposed to be 32 degrees overnight. I'm just saying I'm preparing for a wee bit of him being a baby about it! Which, by the way, is fair enough because I am a crank in the Summer heat if I'm not submerged in a pool.

It's time to wind some work week things up and get the weekend started soon!! I hope you enjoy your slide into Saturday, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment