Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Whatever It Takes

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 536.6 (running: 380; walking: 23.8; biking: 132.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $43.99

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 536.6 Aaron: 321.4 (b: 290.5; w: 30.9)  Elly: 102.6 Total: 960.6

Today's was a run that almost wasn't because it started raining. And, we all know what a weenie I can be about running in the rain. But, I'd already been through a few rounds of 'I don't want to go at all' and had conquered it, so I wasn't going to let a little rain get in the way.

My initial lack of desire came from the fact that I mentally scheduled too many miles for today. I had six in mind, but I had no idea why, and it just seemed like too many. But, as soon as I thought, "Hey, you know you can just go three ..." I was all about getting out there!! I have no idea what exactly is going on internally, but I do know I should just keep going in a way that keeps it fun, and it'll eventually all shake out. I still can't say why a run is great one day only to suck the next, so you bet I haven't yet figured out why I'm totally motivated during some stretches of time while, during others, I could hardly care less about it.

I just need to keep going right now because it's the best way to set me up for when I'm back to really wanting to go! These down times are okay; it just matters what you do with them!

So, today, I dialed back the mileage and took the dog!! She was happy as a clam and didn't even balk at the rain coming down when we set out. Now, I don't know if that's because she was that happy to be going, or if it was because she really, really had to go. Either way, she was a peach through the entire run!
Just about 100 yards from our finish, we came upon this:
In a seemingly unrelated but totally related note, it was when I
was picking up the many-splendored pennies that I was glad to
not have done my nails last night.
Clearly, someone was finished with their stash of pennies in their car, and they just dumped them in the street. I will never, ever understand just dumping and/or dismissing money (um, didn't you work for that?), but it'll go toward almost 7 full meals from the Food Bank, so TA. DA. Add that to the rest of today's unexpected stash ($1.14 in total today!), and it was a great run for the Bank if no other reason.

Of course, there were other reasons. Not the least of which was Elly's post-run rub down. She isn't a fan of getting wet, but she loves the attention later!
"Not this attention, mommy!! I'm naked!"
Purely by accident, I scheduled something in the morning. Therefore, I am not running. Given the forecast, that might turn out perfectly as we're supposed to keep getting wet! Regardless, it's another Rest Day for me with the plan to run out the weekdays!

Change plans, change lanes, shift gears ... do whatever you need to do to keep yourself going, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment