Thursday, June 4, 2015

It's Finally a Wrap!

Just when I thought to myself, "I guess I should get up and get running," it thundered. (yay!) It thundered and it rained, and I fell back to sleep. Fabulous.

While I was out and about on my break-from-running adventures, I bought myself this shirt:
It seemed terribly fitting in so many ways. Not only was it a week of rest, but -- you guessed it -- it totally reminded me of my pooch. That shirt: Total score!

Speaking of things acquired, I picked up my Faux Girl-Go Girl finisher goods! A wine glass to add to the collection, the shirt (which is a story for another day) and the bling:
It's not so much the look; it's the size:
There it sits on a 7" plate. It should probably go under it to be
used as a trivet.
I can't say I completely understand why medals have gotten so very big for some races, but there it is. And, it's a heavy sucker. Flung the right way, and someone is hitting the floor!

I'm glad to finally have the finisher goods. It all turned out okay with the amended race plan, but I wouldn't recommend it, either. I'm glad to have accomplished the distance, but it's way more fun with a plan that can be executed and completed, finisher rewards and all, in one swoop. Just sayin'.

With the Faux Girl loose ends finally tied, it's about time to start crunching some numbers and making a plan for, at least, the Summer months. I'll get to that by Sunday. Or, Monday. In the meantime, it's a roll of the dice for the morning plan as the forecast is for rain. I'll check in with the update ... stay afloat where you are; I know we're not alone in this very soggy season!

No comments:

Post a Comment