Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Gotta Pass

WHEW!! This Rest Day wound up way more full than I even predicted!! But, I got to start out the day with breakfast and catch-up time with a friend followed by visiting with my Dad! So, really, there are no complaints here!

Speaking of priorities ... I am reasonably certain I am not on track to hit my 900-mile running goal this year. Actually, I'm most definitely not on track right now. What I'm reasonably certain about is that I'm likely not going to do anything about it. I might play with some numbers now and then, but I'm just not that invested in that goal this year. I've most definitely given every day everything I have, and that's what matters more than the final tally.

I am firmly committed to doing every bit of my part for the Change Hounds' 2,015 In 2015 Challenge; that's for sure. I just may fall short on the actual numbers for my own running goal. I'm just so okay with that!!!

You might say I'm in it on the 2015 Challenge because we get medals for completing it, and I won't necessarily deny that! But, for real, it's in large part because I made a commitment to Aaron to be part of a team, so that takes priority! But, before you think the main reason I run is for the bling, check out the medal that just came through my Facebook feed that I'm totally passing on:
From the folks that brought us the 2,015 In 2015 Challenge,
Run the Edge presents the selfie medal!
That's right: It's a photo medal made just for your running selfie!!! Totally cracked me up. But, I'll pass! However, it's not all about what works for me, so I had to pass it along for anyone who might be so inspired!!

As it's almost time to soak in the pool, I must wrap up today's check in. But, speaking of race goods, tune in tomorrow as I shift from the bling to the race shirt. Ohhh yes ... there was a recent story ...! See you then ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment