Friday, June 19, 2015

Groove Regained

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 543.6 (running: 387; walking: 23.8; biking: 132.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $45.18

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 543.6 Aaron: 340.2 (b: 299.7; w: 30.9)  Elly: 105.6 Total: 989.4

Yahoooooooooo! It's Friday!!! It's another wet Friday, and that is really cutting in to my pool time, and I'm not happy about it!! I am happy, though, that I got my run in outside and that it was the first run I'd call 'good' in quite some time!! I really have been having a bit of a time at it. I honestly think I was just that worn out by the end of May that even a week off from running wasn't the key to a really solid bounce-back. The blanket of humidity that landed on us probably didn't help matters, either. Whatever has been going on, though, this morning's run felt like the first of coming out of that fog and back into my groove!

I also know today's run would not have happened as well as it did had I not continued to move through the slump. Even crappy runs count (they should; they hurt more), and, today, things felt like they're coming together!

So, not only did the run itself go well, but I also just beat the rain! In fact, my run was sandwiched between it. The early morning rain brought these on:
Don't you love when that happens? I sure do.

Okay, for all that was great about this run, I am going to take a quick sec to complain about the humidity anyway because it was super-gross. I had a piece of hair that was drenched with sweat and kept flinging into my eye. It was not awesome, but I wasn't smart enough to put a headband in to keep it at bay. Muh-bad.
You, too, could have hair like that.
Other than that: Awesome Outing!

Before signing off, I must give a quick shout out to my friend Melanie who is running her first-ever Half Marathon tomorrow!! GO, MELANIE, GO!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes for her! I'm also anxious to find out if what I saw on her run's website is true -- that racers had to pre-order and pay for their finisher shirts! I know I saw that. I also know she's already picked up her bib and bag, and there was no shirt with it.

How can a Half Marathon not have a race shirt included with the registration especially at an $85 registration cost?! I can't even ...

And, tomorrow? I'm planning to drag Pit Crew #2 out of bed to go run. Tune in, and I'll let you know how that turns out! Enjoy the start of your weekend in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment