Friday, June 5, 2015

Truth

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 509.8 (running: 354.5; walking: 22.5; biking: 132.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $40.64

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 509.8 Aaron: 290 (b: 260.4; w: 29.6)  Elly: 98.3 Total: 898.1

Last night, I looked at Pit Crew #2 and said, "There is nothing that sounds more gross than running in the morning." She nodded her head in the affirmative. Neither of us predicted being in the morning running mood!

It's also in that very moment I vowed to myself that I would go. I needed to break that mental block if it lingered into the morning.

I woke up with a much better attitude although I admit I was listening as hard as I could hoping for some rain or thunder. I'd feel bad about myself for looking for an external excuse to stay in bed except PC#2 admitted she, too, woke up hoping for thunder.

Well, there was no such luck for either of us even though the sky looked the part:
And, since weather didn't comply with our less-than-enthused attitudes, we decided to walk up three hills in our three miles. Like I told PC#2, "You know what, given how I was feeling about coming out here, I'm so damn proud of myself for doing so that I don't even care I'm walking this part!"

Truth.

We're going out again in the morning, and, since I've already announced that as the plan, I'm hoping it'll keep our frames of mind in place! If not, at least we'll be in it together!

Sometimes, it's just about the going at all. Be proud of whatever you pushed through today, yesterday or are about to, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment