Friday, June 12, 2015

Music To My Ears

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 529 (running: 372.4; walking: 23.8; biking: 132.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $42.40

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 529 Aaron: 300.9 (b: 270; w: 30.9)  Elly: 99.6 Total: 929.5

I know it's awfully early to be complaining about the humidity seeing as Summer hasn't officially started ... but that's not going to stop me!!! Wowza!! It was gross this morning which also means the run was draining. Bleh ...
That didn't keep the musicians off of our streets this morning, though! Remember that piano that hangs out on one of our sidewalks? Well ...
... it certainly went to use this morning! And, right down the street was a man I often see ...
... jammin' on his saxophone!

I was pleased about the musicians as they put a better spring to my step as I passed on by. I kind of needed it!

In addition to the weather, my annual leg woes are in full throttle. It comes from the sudden onset of pool play which wakes up new muscles. It happens every year, although I forget about it every year until it happens. Then I'm like, "Ohhh ... yeahhh ... this happens!"

Like all things good, the bit of pain that comes along with running and/or the pool is totally worth it. Even if it's not comfortable or enjoyable in the moment!

Keep on keepin' on through your adjustment to almost-Summer, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment