Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Better Start

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 564.3 (running: 406.9; walking: 24.6; biking: 132.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $46.54

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 564.3 Aaron: 351.4 (b: 319.7; w: 31.7)  Elly: 110.6 Total: 1026.3

Hey!! It's SATURDAY!! 'Miss me yesterday?!?! No you didn't. Trust me. You didn't. By the time noon hit, I was in such a bad mood that just kept getting refueled to the point it never even crossed my mind to write. And, by the time I thought of it, I was half way into the bed; there was no slowing that train by then! I was ready to just go to sleep, and start over today!

While the day continued to prove it wasn't going to get any better, I couldn't help but note I didn't run in the morning. I mean, is it just that the run gets me centered? Does it get everything going and shaken out? Does it ignite both the calming hormones (um, what are they called?) as well as the problem-solving ones? (Do those exist? That may just be brain capacity. Or, lack thereof.). I've also noticed that, more often than not, if I have a bad day, it usually did not start of with a run. Correlation? To some degree, probably. To which I say: Ugh.

Anyway, today has been a much better day, and it did start out with a run!! Both of my girls went which made for both interval sessions and a super-chill pace, both thanks to Elly.
"You are super-welcome, mommy.
What did I do?"
I still remember when I started running with her. She used to pull me up hills. For real. Not so much anymore. Her pace and gait are still strong, but they've slowed considerably. I'm thankful for whatever pace she provides!! I'm so thankful, in fact, that I bought her a little prize last weekend that she got to run-debut today! Check it out:
"Thanks for my new leash, mommy!
Wheeeee!! Look at me goooooooo!"
I hope to be as happy about going out to run at whatever pace when I'm 56 (the whole dog-years thing is going on there ...). Of course, I'm not even that happy about going out now, so that's probably not going to happen.

While the run was pretty easy, it was good for the three of us to be out together. The slower pace allowed for much more talking between me and Pit Crew #2, and there's nothing wrong with bonus talk time!
The girls!
There's also nothing wrong with giving another run at a Rest Day tomorrow!! They don't tend to tank twice in a row, so I'm going with that!! Enjoy every part of your Saturday, and I'll be checking in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment