Thursday, June 25, 2015

No Rest For the Weary

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 559.3 (running: 402.7; walking: 23.8; biking: 132.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $46.52

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 559.3 Aaron: 350.7 (b: 310.2; w: 30.9)  Elly: 105.6 Total: 1015.6

Running this morning was not even remotely the plan until late last night when I realized my brain did not keep up with the morning schedules around here. Sometimes it makes more sense to just go ahead and run. And, so we did.

Pit Crew #2 wasn't too thrilled at the idea last night (hey, at least I gave her a heads up), but she was totally good to go this morning. Physically, that is. Her morning report was that she felt perfectly fine, but she was super sleepy. I was exactly the opposite being fully alert but having thighs that were killing me. Smush us together, and we were either in perfect condition to run, or we were a total mess. Either way, we headed out.

There was a very ominous cloud heading our way when we started. It was seriously rather dark, and you couldn't see any edges to it. It's the reason I left Elly at home, but I guess I was just that determined to go run that I figured we'd roll the dice. Within the first quarter mile, a single rain drop landed right in my eye (it was either that or a trail-end drop of bird poo, so I'm going with the singular rain drop). Immediately after, the skies cleared almost completely to allow the sun to beat right on top of us. It certainly made for a warm run, but we beat the humidity that is forecast for today, so I really can't complain.

Okay, so, in the middle of this route, there's a hill. It's a short hill, but it has a decent incline. Given how my legs were feeling, I more than celebrated my victory going up it today. I heard PC#2 giving it her all, too, so I congratulated her as well. She acted like it was no big deal. I was all, "Oh, don't even tell me you didn't feel that one!" She has a habit of telling me she doesn't feel the low-incline but long, steady hills. I'll give her those, but, on this one, I wanted some company!
Do you feel the love I mean the pain from
the hill I mean the love?!?!
She admitted she totally felt that one, and we got along just fine from there.
Feelin' the love. Much better.
Along the way, we scored some change as well as took a pit stop in front of a bakery so we could check out their Summer display. Because ... why not:
Thanks to the lower humidity, the run was strong from beginning to end. I was thankful for that so we could slide into a real, not-even-kidding-it's-happening-and-we've-earned-it Rest Day tomorrow!!

Pushing yourself might be painful, but the payoff is worth it! Give this Thursday your all, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment