Saturday, June 6, 2015

Together

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 513 (running: 358.7; walking: 22.5; biking: 132.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $41.41

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 514 Aaron: 290 (b: 260.4; w: 29.6)  Elly: 98.3 Total: 902.3

Pit Crew #2 and I headed out for one more run before taking a break. Getting back into the swing of it after our long break last week has been mighty trying, but we managed!! We rule.

We mutually decided early on in the run that we'd do some walking, so I led it interval style -- the walks weren't terribly leisurely, but they were still there. It was a good mix-up from the other runs we've done this week, so at least it maximized the outing!

I decided to mix up the pics today, too. So, check out my in-action shot:
PC#2 is all cute, and I'm all, "Get outta my way, or I shall eat you!"

Here's something else I actually wanted to eat en route:
No, not the soda (it's not Diet Coke, so, puh-leez ...). It's the little ice pellets. I love ice like that. If it wouldn't mean getting in some kind of trouble, I would have gone face-first into this bin because it was hot very early in this run. Anyway, I resisted the plunge while I waited.
For that.

We didn't have much further to go after our pit stop, and we were both thankful. The humidity wasn't pleasant, and we were ready to be finished. Along that final stretch. PC#2 went for a scoop-and-run after a dime, but it was not successful. In fact, she scraped her finger. She didn't draw blood, though, so I told her, as compared to her mentor here, that she was a bit of an amateur in that regard. Better luck for blood and/or coin next time, young one!
She did spy with her little eyes a significant contribution to
today's 77-cent jackpot, though, so she should be proud.
And, tomorrow, you bet we rest!! Be restful this Saturday evening, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment