Sunday, June 14, 2015

Easy Swap!

The weekend's almost over. Booooooooo ...

I haven't dished much from the kitchen lately, but that's because I haven't done much in the way of new. I was on a pretty good roll in the Spring of looking for new recipes because I was in hot pursuit of tweaking whatever was necessary to just feel better in general. You know, get the ol' spring back in the steps!

The Trim Healthy Mama people have become our new best friends in the kitchen because their approach to meals totally gave me back the energy I'd lost. So, as we rolled upon this Sunday with no real dinner plan, we decided to go back to a dish we discovered (and loved) around Christmas, but we made one, simple swap to make it fit what we want to eat now.

Simply put, we took crab meat balls and, voila: We turned them into tilapia balls!
Alongside an artichoke YUM and the Trim Healthy Mama
Krabby Patties on the side, this dinner was plate-lickable!
But, I didn't ...
The reason for the swap is that imitation crab meat has sugar as an added ingredient, and one of the biggest areas of focus for THM is to get rid of sugar. The removal of sugar from my daily diet, by the way, is what I attribute as the single, biggest reason I feel so much better. So, we followed our original crab balls recipe with two easy swaps: tilapia for crab; ground Joseph's pitas for the bread crumbs.

Easy and even easier.

Crab balls recipes are a dime a dozen on the internet, so there's no real need to take up your time with the one we used. But, I did want to pass along that our tilapia-for-crab swap was a hit for everyone! In fact, I'm not sure any of us even realized there was a difference. We will all notice a difference in having them a lot more in the dinner rotation, though!

That was a most-satisfying way to wrap up the weekend! Tomorrow's another Rest Day as that's what's required to get everything Monday requires accomplished, but I'll still be checking in! See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment