Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Less Thinking, More Doing

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 179 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 898 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 353.4 Money Found For Food Bank: $58.13
 
For me, getting out of bed in the morning is a task requiring conquering. No matter what I'm getting up to do, it's just a bit of a chore. And, I'm typically a pretty big baby about it. So, given my morning state of mind, you can guess I am hardly-if-ever motivated to get up to run, and I am guessing I'm in pretty good company regarding that sentiment! Before my feet hit the floor, I'd already come up with a healthy handful of reasons to either not run or to just walk the whole thing. I landed on walking. And, maybe running, like, one stretch of road. A short one. And, with that solid plan, I got up, got ready and just went.
 
As soon as I got to my starting point, I mentally gave myself a very conciliatory oh, what the hell, and I took off running. It's funny what a little waking up will do for you! And, that's when it hit me: Don't think, just do. It seems like a sentiment that's very counter to the way I live, but, the fact is, I've already done the thinking ahead of time. So, when the time comes, there's no more thinking required. Brain: OFF. Body: GO.
 
And, so I did.
 
By the way, did you see it was chilly out? This guy didn't get the memo ...
... That, or he didn't care. I had a bet with a friend in college to see who could go the longest in the semester without switching from shorts to pants. I made it through mid-November until I had to concede.
 
Once I got going, the temperature wasn't so bad. In fact, I typically like running in the cold because I don't get drained. The heat is life-sucking, so this kind of weather works for me even though we're having Winter degrees in Fall.
 
Speaking of Fall, I enjoy this point in the year when some of the trees have deposited every, last one of their leaves to the ground while others are bucking the system and hanging on:
And, in addition to today's stash of cash, I found some treasure:
Don't know, don't care; I love finding random things!
Speaking of finding the coins, donation day is two weeks from tomorrow! While I can't put any goals on the amount I find, I can decide on a hope. So, my hope is to get the total to $60. That would be something!

And, speaking of goals, I'm going to turn the mileage count past 900 tomorrow! I've done my rechecking/recalculations to make sure I'm on track with a 4-day running schedule, and I'm in the clear provided I don't injure myself ... like tripping while playing catch with Pit Crew #3 and leaving a large amount of DNA from my knee on the pavement. I fell in that blaze of glory yesterday. Lived to tell about it. But, my knee is sore ...

Anyway! Aside from life's fumbles (literally; we were using a football for our game), things are on track and going forward! And, that's about all I need! Tomorrow rounds out the weekday runs for this week! I'll check in after ... see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment