Thursday, November 6, 2014

Surprisingly Delightful

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 176 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 882.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 351.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $56.74

I have to note that I was totally unprepared for just how windy it would be this morning!!
Look close! Those leaves are a'flappin'!!
It was the kind of wind that gusted in such a way it was required to be in line backer position to cut through if running head-on into it, and the kind that, coming at you sideways, blew one foot into the other while in running motion. It's always awesome to feel like you might trip yourself!

I was also utterly unprepared for just how okay the wind felt thanks to the temperature being just right to keep the sharp chill out of it. It was certainly cold, but not biting cold. That made for a pleasant run for sure!
The other thing the wind does is it makes looking for money by meters a bit more challenging ...
It's nothing a little swipe with the shoe can't fix!
Sometimes, I give the leaves a good kick and unveil treasure! Not this time, but, it has happened! And, I may as well take a stroll and swipe some leaves because girlfriend is not running on the completely un-level brick road. I mean, I will if it's a part of the route I've paid for in an event, but on a random outing? No thanks.

And, no, there shouldn't really be a difference in that decision making. Yet, there is.

By the way, is anyone else missing Elly?!
"I'm right here!!"
I am!! I've been kind of itching to have her tag along with me, but, just last night, I noticed at the very end of the day that she appeared to be a bit gingerly on that front leg she tweaked. She's been bounding around here like normal, but it made me wonder if it's just achy enough deep down that she's ready for it to rest by evening which means a run would totally tap her out. *sigh* I shouldn't be surprised, but it was a bummer to see. Very soon, we'll start her on a walking regiment, and go from there. The girl doesn't want to be sidelined forever!!

And, tomorrow? I run! But, check this out: So, you might recall I decided to run an extra weekday this week to take the whole weekend off. And, you also might recall that my whole point in taking off the weekend was to avoid how crazy cold it's supposed to be overnight Saturday into Sunday morning. But, get this -- overnight tonight, it's supposed to be the same temperature as it's going to be overnight Saturday. Nice planning! Oh well ... it buys me the whole weekend off! I am already picturing a cozy morning with a backlogged movie on the dvr ... ahhhh ...

Before that, I'll check in after the promising-to-be-cold morning run! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment