Friday, November 7, 2014

Running Into Some Rest!!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 177 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 887.1 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 351.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $57.14
 
It's here!!!
That Snoopy Facebook page has good stuff!

As promised, it was a cold one overnight:
There was a lot of frost on my petunias ... that cursed me for
giving preferential cover treatment to the mums. But, 'tis the
season for my still-robust mums ... So, there.
But, that didn't translate into a terribly cold morning because there was no wind to speak of! That was a relief because I wasn't really down with running today, so, I really didn't need a deterrent. It's not that I didn't want to run as much as it was that I did want to chill. But, given my schedule flip-flopping this week, I'm about to head into three straight days of rest, so, who was I to complain about one more run?!

Besides, the first two miles weren't as much of a run as they were a tour of the animal kingdom. We had a goat ...
... and, we had the seasonally appropriate turkeys ...
"What do you mean seasonally appropriate ?!?!"
... and, we had my old friend ally cat:
I also found a bunch of my old friends Abe, George and Franklin. 'Twas a banner day for the boys on the coins, indeed.

For as disinterested in running as I was this morning, it sure was a good one. I even whomped the hills that I thought I would end up walking. I attribute such an unexpected surge of strength from a very small dabble (really, teeny-weenie) of what is soon to become regular cross training. I'll touch on that when it's in place, but today's run confirmed it's the right direction to go for me. I love when things I think are confirmed!!

And, tomorrow? And, the next day? And, most likely, the next day? REST is on the docket!! In fact, I'm taking the weekend off from it all, so I'll check back in on whatever I decide to do with Monday!! Have a GREAT weekend! More soon ...!





No comments:

Post a Comment