Monday, November 3, 2014

I Like It

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 174 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 874.4 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 351.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $56.05

And, on this Monday, I reinforced (and, now, totally believe) what I already knew:
I was hoping to hold out until January when I start my next official training schedule, but that's going to kill my feet. So, when I'm convinced I found myself a good new pair (ugh), I'll get another so I can start one now, then start the other in January returning to the first pair sometime after May's Half. That's the only way I can figure to do it without wearing a pair out before either of the Spring runs. I think it's a winning plan, but have I mentioned how much I hate going shoe shopping? I'll spare you of the reminder ...

Besides my feet being a pain, the run this morning was good. I was running straight into the wind for the first 2 1/2 miles, so thanks for the resistance training I didn't sign on for, Mother Nature! Fortunately, that wind was to my back for my last mile, the last quarter of which is up hill. So, I guess I should be thankful more than complaining!

I liked that the wind was to my back for the last part of my run. I liked that the wind was at least warm if it was going to be so strong! I liked how the sun felt. I liked seeing that some of the local stores have decorated for Christmas while others are still hanging on to Fall. I like that the dude I pass while he cleans his parking lot waited to go inside until I passed so he could offer his predictable wave hello. I liked how many people in cars were completely aware and considerate of my foot traffic, and I liked that I defaulted to forgiving (instead of internally bashing) the woman in the car who saw me but gunned it to go ahead of me. And, of course, I liked finding money (cha-ching!).

I liked this Monday morning run. But, I didn't like it enough to forego tomorrow's Rest Day swap, so I'll check in from there! Start your week of right in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment