Monday, November 10, 2014

And, We're Off Again!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 178 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 893.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 353.4 Money Found For Food Bank: $57.62
 
Hello, Hello!!! I sooooooo enjoyed that weekend off of the running routine! It was perfectly timed and most enjoyed!! By yesterday afternoon, though, I was already mentally plotting out my run for this morning forgetting that I was considering a three-day stretch of rest. I guess I'd rested enough!
 
Deciding to run today also worked out perfectly given the yet again weird schedule this week brings which always translates into getting the run in when I can vs. when I'd normally schedule. Not to mention, the temperature today was almost 50 degrees, and that's the last of that for this week as the highs are forecast to be in the upper 30s. Yow.Za. I figured I may as well get out and bask in some warmth while it's here, although the ups and downs of the temperatures are doing quite a number on my sinuses. It's fun.
 
So, my run was a good one complete with my many brands of sight-seeing, money finding and I spy with my little eye something random moments ...
I was looking for a penny; I found me some pasta ...
... but, the best part of my miles were the last two when I picked up you-know-who!
She was way more excited than she looks. In fact, she had a grand time especially in the sniffing department! Sooooo many smells!!!
I was mostly patient with her ...
And, then it would just get to be like, Oh,
for REAL, let's just Goooooo!
Of course, the biggest success of the day is that she got out there showing no signs of limping or otherwise favoring her leg, and she's been normal since, too (you know, after she came inside and collapsed from her overdone sniffing exercises). I'm so thankful she looked good today; we'll see what her next outing brings, but that won't be tomorrow. I'm thinking a couple of outings at short distances a week to build her back up to where three miles are easy for her. That's going to take some doing ... but, that's what running buddies do, right?!
 
So, Elly rests tomorrow, but I'll be out there! I'll check in after! Have a great rest of your Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment