Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Over Last Year's Top

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 183 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 918.4 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 355.7 Money Found For Food Bank: $61.38
 
I was right yesterday when I said this morning's run would be the perfect way to start the day. There is something about getting out there and getting my groove on that starts even a difficult day off better than had I not hit the streets. It's a guaranteed block of time to enjoy whatever the outside brings, to breathe really deep and to relish the fact that even if I spend my running time thinking about what I have to do that day, there's nothing I can do about it while I'm running, so I may as well enjoy the moment.
 
By the way, I rarely think about what I need to accomplish for the day while I'm running. That's organizational brain power that I just do not have because it would require remembering everything I planned.
 
It was 33 degrees when I started out, and it felt like a heat wave compared to the past few runs. There was quite a wind, but once I got going, it was a non issue. I cruised along with ease, I thoroughly enjoyed the weather, and I only had to thank God once for my misstep not resulting in a splat (once because that's the only time I stumbled not because I'm being selective in my gratitude.
 
I also found another round of major bank. I was out earlier than usual today, so one of the parking lots I put on route didn't yet have many of its morning commuters. That makes for more space to scour. I also love when I see parking tickets from just tossed to the ground:
I guess the logic is that if you don't have it in your possession,
then you're not responsible. Like the ticket and license plate
aren't registered. Yeah, I once had a cat who would shut her
eyes while she slinked into my lap because if she couldn't see
me, then I couldn't see her. Genius logic. All the way around.
If that person had glanced to the right, s/he might have seen the coins I found and avoided this meter violation altogether. Just saying it's possible.

And, those of us who are diligent also find what's not obvious:
That is, indeed, a QUARTER. I love finding the big coins!
Along the route, I kept seeing random tree branches and twigs as are so common in the Fall. I kept having the inclination to pick them up for kindling, but I thought running with sticks was a misguided idea. So, after I wrapped up leg one of my outing, I took a few minutes to get us ready for the next round of cold:
How very Laura Ingalls Wilder of me.
Then I got home and saw we have a huge bin plus a crap-ton of kindling in a pile outside. Oh, well, now we have more!

I also got home to a very excited pooch who has decided that she's good with not leaving with me first thing in the morning as long as there's an outing just for her when I get back. She should find herself disappointed in that plan only about half the time! Lucky for her, today was her day, and we headed out for just over another mile.
"Thanks, mommy!"
So, today's running odometer surpassed my total of 917.8 miles in 2013. I remember working hard to eek 'em out to hit my 2013 goal of 900, so, surpassing it today without any feeling of it being a burden throughout the year is pretty fab! I do still have almost 82 to go, though, so I'll refrain from my own shout out until I hit it! And, of course that means: There's more running to do!

To that end, I will set out again tomorrow! Have a much better day today than I had yesterday (which won't be too difficult to do! Besides, this one already started out awesome!), and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment